With the summertime here and in full effect. You all know that I love a good protective style to help my hair beat the heat. Yesterday I decided to do some two strand twist. These are actually my easy go to protective style
Here is a quick mini tutorial:
- I started with clean hair. So I just added some leave in conditioner to help soften and detangle.
- I then finger parted my hair into about 6 sections.
- I took small sections of hair and implemented the L.O.C. (liquid, oil, cream) method. Spray with water, then add a small amount of oil, then a small amount of creamy product.
- After all my twist were done. I added more oil all over and let them air dry for about an hour.
- Bunched the twist together (About 3 or 4) and twisted them into small, thin curl rods.
- Added a silk scarf. And let it set overnight.
More details in my YouTube video below:
Here is how the twist look with curl rods on the ends.
If you wrap your twist at night with a silk scarf, and use a little oil to refresh in the morning, this style should hold for about a week. When you untwist, you will have another curly style to wear for another few days.