What is the 1st thing you think of when you see the hashtags #freshfaced #nomakeup #glowingskin #melanin #pamperyourself and #nofilter ?
Whenever I post a pic of myself on social media & I feel like my skin is looking silky smooth, I feel the most confident. As I have gotten older I have become almost obsessed with obtaining and keeping great skin. especially now that I wear makeup more.
I have a very simple yet effective face wash routine:
- Everyday I wash with warm water
- 4 times a week I use a face wash to ensure deep cleaning
- Twice a week I use Clean & Clear black head clearing scrub to exfoliate
- I moisturize my face with coconut oil. especially at night.
- at least twice a month I use face masks
I am currently adding more DIY facials into my routine
Some cool benefits of getting facials ( both DIY at home & at a spa ) are:
- cleaner, smaller pores
- renewed, rejuvenated skin
- absorbent skin
- increased circulation
- softer, smoother skin
At Home DIY Face Masks are great when you are trying to save a few bucks and have many different varieties
Some of my favorites are:
- The Calming Honey Mask ( 2 tablespoons of pure honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 wedge of lemon)
- The exfoliating Brown Sugar Scrub Mask ( 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil )
- The Hydrating Avocado Mask ( half of a ripe avocado, 1 teaspoon plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon honey )
Make sure to know and learn about your skin!
I also make sure to not go to bed with makeup on, drink as much water as I can, and use sunscreen in the sun. I am looking forward to having healthy skin for as long as I can. What routines do you use for clear skin? What products do you use? be sure to like and comment. Until next time…PeAcE.